Wednesday, February 6, 2008

2/6/08 FIRST BLOOM OF 2008


First bloom of 2008!

It looked like it was going to be a battle between the Crocus, Camellia, and Iris for the first bloom of 2008! But alas, Veronica peduncularis ‘Georgia Blue’ comes in first, out of nowhere! She usually doesn’t bloom this early! Last year I moved a small clump to a space underneath my early blooming white Iris. They were blooming at the same time, several yards away from each other. I expect now that a couple of buds have opened, it won’t be long until the show! How exciting are the first blooms of the new season!!!

The Salvia coccinea 'Coral Nymph' seeds have sprouted in the dining room. 45 new seedlings! I will probably have plants to give away! I started Echinacea purpurea 'White Swan' to take their place on the growing table.

No comments: