Saturday, May 31, 2008

5/31/08

Canna 'Red King Humbert'

Earlier in the month, in my Canna border, I replaced all my green leaved Cannas with darker varieties that were already growing in my garden in other beds. This one is one of the tallest standing almost five feet with flowering stalks that reach about eight. Although the flowers are striking the thing that excites me about this plant is the color of the foliage. It grows at the very back of my front yard border so that everything in front of it stands out. This view is how I see it every time I walk out my front door.


Hemerocallis 'Joan Senior'
This is one of my favorite Daylilies. She is bright white with lemony yellow highlights. She glows in the dark once the sun sets.
Veronica spicata 'Tickled Pink'

When I saw this pink version of Veronica I had to have it! Each year it does better than the next! I will probably need to divide it this coming fall and I look forward to having divisions of it. The bed it is growing in is running out of space, so I may have to remove some plants to make room for more or find another bed for the divisions. Either way it will be fun to have more of this beauty!

No comments: