Friday, June 6, 2008

06/08/08





Monarda 'Jacob Cline'/ Rose 'Knock-Out' /Hydrangea macrophylla

My front door border is bursting with shades of red. Red is my favorite color so I'm pleased!


Hydrangea macrophylla 'Endless Summer'

'Endless Summer' is a reblooming Hydrangea. The best show is in late spring and early summer. The blooms are fewer, afterwards, but keep coming all summer and into the fall.



Hydrangea macrophylla

This is an unnamed Mophead Hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla). I got her from a wholesale nursery a few years ago. She is planted at my front door so it is the first thing that I see when I go to work every morning. Hydrangea is my dad's favorite flower, and it’s easy to see why!



Stokesia laevis 'Peachie's Pick'


This Stokes Aster (Stokesia laevis) sings in the garden. The color is indescribable and almost unphotographable. It is supposed to be short lived but has been returning for me year after year. Last year however it did not bloom and I thought she was fizzling out on me, but she's back this year standing strong and bold!



Canna 'lucifer'

The name of this Canna scares me! Tis true that the red and yellow are like burning coals, but did they have to name it the 'the name that shall not be spoken!" I do love this Canna though in spite of its name. It stands about two feet and the blooms are huge and wonderful.

No comments: