Monday, April 26, 2010

04/26/10

Dianthus b. and Sage

This bright red Dianthus is growing in the flower bed dedicated to my mother. Her favorite flower was the carnation, so it's even more fascinating that this one returns year after year and is always in bloom on her birthday which was April 16. I planted several of this Dianthus around the time she passed, in 2002, but only this one lingers. Most Dianthus barbatus, that I've planted, stick around for about two years. This one is going on eight. I like how the sage makes the red even more pronounced.

btw- I have a brand new camera so I'm still getting used to it. This is the first photo!

1 comment:

The Shiny Pebble said...

It is beautiful, Donald. Maybe this is her way of sending you a little message every year. I loved this post, and the camera is working great!