Thursday, May 13, 2010

05/13/10





Sweet Pea 'Cupani'
I decided to plant seeds of Sweet Pea 'Cupani' last fall. I'm so glad I did! The fragrance is out of this world not to mention the striking colors. This is called the 'grandaddy' Sweet Pea as it is the original dating back to the 1600s. The vine is growing on both sides of my front yard arbor. One side grows alongside a Bougainvillea vine and the other with a Rose that hasn't bloomed yet. The Bougainvillea and 'Cupani' together is fabulous!

I grow Sweet Peas every year even though their season is quite short in Texas, I don't mind because I'm so happy to have them when they are around. Click here to learn more about this wonderful plant.

1 comment:

Charlotta Ward said...

Hi Donald - I just read your sweet comment on my design for Catherine's dining room over at the Shiny Pebble.

What a wonderful blog you have. I adore nature in all aspects that it comes in, and have a real weakness for flowers.
I am not knowledgeable like you but I have always surrounded myself with lots of them and have a soft spot for Sweetpeas.

Your pictures are amazing and I can smell the scent through my screen.

Thanks again for leaving such a lovely comment on my work.

x Charlotta