Thursday, February 21, 2008

02/21/08





Anemone Coronaria

Many moons ago, okay well really about 5 years ago, I planted about 50 Anemone coronaria bulbs. They were discounted 75 percent off because they were on the shelf too long. It was the wrong time of year to plant them but I thought “why not.” Out of 50, one came up. It didn’t bloom the first year, but the second it did. And what a beauty! It has reliably bloomed every year since then. The first bloom this year, seems, if it is possible, even more elegant than previous years. I love ‘green’ flowers and the Anemone and the Lenton Rose are two of my favoites.

It took 3 years for my Lenten Rose to bloom. Each year it gets bigger and better and blooms the same time as the Anemone.


Lenten Rose (Helleborus Orientalis)



Lenten Rose (Helleborus Orientalis)

No comments: