Thursday, May 3, 2012

05/03/12

Mexican Feather Grass


I decided to let grass grow on the city owned street curb in front of my front garden. Grass yes, but not St. Augustine, or Bermuda, but rather Nassella tenuissima or more commonly known as Mexican Feather Grass. I started out with two or three plugs. They have seeded themselves nicely down the curb. Sedums and few wild flowers that popped up are also part of the mix. I may go super minimalist (for me) and remove everything but the grass. I think it makes a statement all by itself, especially when it is blowing in the wind!




2 comments:

Mr Paul said...

Wow Donald your front garden is incredible. The grass is great fun too.
Paul

Brittanne said...

Beautiful!! I just planted Mexican Feather Grass in our city owned strip. Glad to see how it will fill in!!