Saturday, October 4, 2008

10/04/08

Zinnia 'Profusion mix'
Zinnia 'Profusion mix' and Salvia 'greggii'
Zinnia 'Profusion mix'


Zinnia 'Profusion mix'

I've tried to keep up with all the new Zinnia Profusion varieties. Through the years I've planted White, Cherry, Orange, and Fire. Last year I planted Apricot. I always save and plant a few of the seeds each year and let the rest go to seed naturally. They never fail to come up in all their glory. Profusion White are left in my moon garden and as of yet I haven't had a stray show up with the colors. I've seen already this year that there are new profusion varieties. I plan on trying them all! This Zinnia, unlike Zinnia 'elegans' is very resistant to powdery mildew. You may notice from the photos that they grow in my Salvia 'greggii' bed. I doubt I will ever not want these zinnias in my garden somewhere!



No comments: